The United Motorcoach Association is helping members prepare for the return of business with training for their drivers.
“Help your drivers prepare for business to return by ensuring they have the training they need to succeed and feel confident after limited opportunities to practice their craft over the past year,” said UMA President Larry Killingsworth.
UMA’s Town Hall on May 27, June 3, and June 10 will feature an important professional development component, focusing on a review of driver essentials. Operators are encouraged to invite their drivers to participate or to watch the recordings at a convenient time.
The recordings will also be available for those operators who may want to present this vital training to their teams at one time.
Essential driver training
Killingsworth is strongly encouraging Members to participate in the upcoming Town Halls so they can support this essential training for their drivers.
These training modules, produced by Lancer Insurance Company for use during UMA Motorcoach EXPO, cover everything from pre-trip inspections to distractions and fatigue.
The sessions will be at the Town Halls on May 27, June 3 and June 10.
Part I – Presented by Jeff Marley, Regional Manager at Lancer Insurance (May 27 Town Hall at 2 p.m.)
- Pre-Trip Inspection
- Following Distance
- Q&A: Pre-Trip Inspection, Following Distance, Turning
Part II – Presented by Dan Tomlinson, regional manager at Lancer Insurance (June 3 Town Hall at 2 p.m. )
- Polling for Customer Care and Passenger Safety, Technology, Managing an Accident Scene
- Customer Care and Passenger Safety
- Technology Managing an Accident Scene
- Q&A: Customer Care and Passenger Safety, Technology, Managing an Accident Scene
Part III – Presented by Bob Crescenzo, vice president at Lancer Insurance. (June 10 Town Hall at 2 p.m. )
- Polling for Distractions, Fatigue, and Change Blindness
- Distractions, Fatigue, and Change Blindness – PowerPoint
- Q&A: Distractions, Fatigue, and Change Blindness
Register here to attend the free UMA Town Hall.