Mears Connect and the Sunshine Flyer today announced they will merge two complementary services into one entity to provide transportation from Orlando International Airport to Walt Disney World Resorts.
The new service, Mears Connect Driven by Sunshine, will provide enhanced booking capabilities, guaranteed 24/7 service, greater efficiencies, and a hassle-free experience.
“While we have been competitors in the past, we have always shared the same goals: to provide guests with safe, reliable, cost-effective, stress-free travel between the airport and Walt Disney World resorts,” said Rebecca K. Horton, Chief Operating Officer of Mears Transportation. “By merging operations, sharing ideas, expanding services, and collaborating on what’s best for the guest, we believe we can provide an even better guest experience.”
Mears Transportation, founded in 1939, provides taxi, shuttle, luxury, and bus services in Orlando. Mears Connect was added to its offerings in January 2022, immediately following a similar shuttle service operated for over 15 years by Mears to and from the Disney resorts. In addition, Mears offers luxury car service in other cities throughout the nation, including Las Vegas, New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Boston, San Francisco, Chicago and Atlanta.
Promising enhanced service
The Sunshine Flyer is a motorcoach service from Transportation Management Services that transports guests from the Orlando International Airport to Walt Disney World Resorts.
“As partners, we will be able to bring even more features and benefits to our guests,” said Mark Sherman, General Manager of the Sunshine Flyer. “Whether it is 24/7 service, express options, or a private trip to ease guests’ minds the minute they step off the plane, Mears Connect Driven by Sunshine is delivering more to our guests.”
Mears Connect Driven by Sunshine is the only 24-hour shuttle servicing both A/B and C Terminals for arrivals and departures. It is fully wheelchair accessible and ADA-compliant for both standard and express services.
Here’s what to know about the new partnership and service:
- The new service will begin Aug. 1.
- A hotline is available 24/7 to answer questions and assist guests regarding new reservations: 407-423-5566.
- For all existing reservations, unless otherwise provided, please contact the customer care team on your confirmation email.
- Guests may also email during business hours: email@example.com.
- Mears Connect guests will not be impacted and reservations will remain the same.
- Sunshine Flyer guests traveling between July 14 and July 31 will receive an email using the email linked to the original reservation to confirm all travel instructions.
To learn more about Mears Connect Driven by Sunshine, click here.