WASHINGTON – The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has launched its electronic logging device Implementation National Tour – a public education and outreach campaign geared towards helping commercial motor vehicle drivers learn more about ELDs.
Unfortunately for motorcoach operators and drivers, the sessions are being held at trucking events.
In several cities across the country, FMCSA subject-matter experts will lead driver-focused presentations and panel discussions on ELD implementation.
As required by law, all carriers subject to the ELD rule must convert from paper logs or logging software to a registered ELD by Dec. 18 if they don’t have an Automatic On-Board Recording Device (AOBRD).
FMCSA staff will man an interactive exhibit booth and will answer questions, provide consumer-friendly resources and materials, and review drivers’ and carriers’ responsibilities.
FMCSA’s ELD Implementation National Tour dates and locations are as follows:
- August 24-26 – Great American Trucking Show (Dallas)
- September 25-27 – North American Commercial Vehicle Show (Atlanta)
- October 14-15 – California Trucking Show (Ontario, Calif.)
- October 21-24 – American Trucking Associations Management Conference & Exhibition (Orlando, Fla.)
- November 6-8 – Women in Trucking Accelerate! Conference & Expo (Kansas City, Mo.)
For more information about electronic logging devices, including the ELD rule, frequently asked questions, and other resources, please visit www.fmcsa.dot.gov/ELD.