The education component for the 2018 UMA Motorcoach EXPO is now in place with 22 solution sessions.
EXPO, the premier education and buying event for private bus and motorcoach operators, takes place January 6-10, 2018 in San Antonio.
The education lineup was designed by a team of UMA member operators to carefully target the most critical professional development needs of motorcoach operators and their management teams. The full education lineup is on the EXPO website, www.motorcoachexpo.com. Early bird registration discounts for EXPO continue through September 15.
Relevant education is one of the top reasons operators give for coming to EXPO and sessions will focus on high profile issues in the industry, including: hiring drivers, managing your technology, ELDs, ways to cut costs, cybersecurity concerns, and much more. Solution Sessions on Sunday will be divided into five tracks−operations, finance, marketing, technology, and small fleet. On Monday morning, Solution Sessions are not divided by track and are applicable to company personnel across departmental lines.
Speakers will be announced in the coming weeks. The schedule of sessions is a follows:
SUNDAY, JANUARY 7 | 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM
- OPERATIONS: Generational Differences: Bridging Generational Gaps
- FINANCE: Rather be Fishing? Preparing the Next Generation to Run Your Business
- MARKETING: When to Outsource and When to Hire
- TECHNOLOGY: Okay, You Have WiFi … What’s Next? How to Manage Your Technology Once It’s Installed
- SMALL FLEET
- “I do” … Weddings!
- Local Service Through Paratransit Contracts
SUNDAY, JANUARY 7, 2:00 PM – 3:00 P.M.
- FINANCE: A Financial Scorecard – Do You Know Your Score?
- MARKETING: Generational Differences: How to Market Your Business to Different Groups
- TECHNOLOGY/OPERATIONS: ELDs Chapter 2- The Bad News Is, You Are Required to Have Them. The Good News Is They Aren’t All That Bad!
- SMALL FLEET
- Minority-Owned Businesses and the SBA
- Regulatory Update for Small Fleets
SUNDAY, JANUARY 7 | 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- OPERATIONS: What’s Hot, What’s Not: Just Staying Ahead of the Curve – Industry Executives Discuss Today’s Hot Topics, Challenges, and Solutions
SUNDAY, JANUARY 7 | 3:15 – 4:15 PM
- FINANCE: Are You Working Harder and Making Less – Learn How to Make More
- MARKETING: Getting Involved – Marketing and Business Development by Engaging in your Local Community
- TECHNOLOGY: You Could Be Attacked: Cybersecurity and Other Threats That Could Leave Your Company Paralyzed
- SMALL FLEET
- ADA – There’s More?
- Fam Tours = Big Profits
MONDAY, JANUARY 8 | 8:45 AM – 9:45 AM
Sessions open to all – no tracks!
- Ask the Experts on Regulations – New & Old – Everything You Wanted to Know, But Were Afraid to Ask
- Drivers, Drivers, Drivers!
- Marijuana 101: How to Navigate the Differences Between State and Federal Law
- Risky Business – The Other Side of the Risk You May Not Know About
- I’ll be fine . . . The Importance of Fatigue Management
The 2018 UMA Motorcoach EXPO will take place in San Antonio, TX, January 6 – 10. The days of the show are Saturday through Wednesday. In addition to Solution Sessions, there will be a show floor with the latest vehicles, equipment, products and services; competitions for maintenance professionals and motocoach drivers; and a celebratory awards dinner. Networking events include a welcome reception on Saturday, the always over-the-top Sneak Preview After Party on Monday , and the signature EXPO event, Cigars and Cordials on Tuesday, immediately following the Leadership Awards Celebration and Dinner. Early bird registration is available for operators through September 15. For more information go to www.motorcoachexpo.com.