Virginia Motorcoach Association (VMA) appointed new members to the Board of Directors at its recent board meeting.
The meeting took place during a joint regional convention with the North Carolina Motorcoach Association (NCMA) and the Motorcoach Association of South Carolina (MCASC) at Harrah’s Casino and Resort in Cherokee, North Carolina, Aug. 22-25. There, VMA members had the opportunity to celebrate their association’s Centennial with many industry friends.
“Strong, experienced board leadership has been the key to VMA’s legacy and its century of service,” said Morgan Brown, VMA President. “Under their guidance, we have been able to provide exceptional support to our community. I am proud to say that our new board members are continuing that legacy of service, ensuring that we remain dedicated to meeting the needs of our members — both equipment- and tourism-focused — and upholding our commitment to excellence.”
VMA officers, serving two-year terms (2023-2025), are:
- President: Morgan Brown, Magic Carpet Tours Bus Service, Richmond, VA
- Vice President: Casey Newton, Newton Bus Service, Gloucester, VA
- Secretary / Treasurer: Mona Seaman, Quick’s Bus Company, Staunton, VA
- Immediate Past President: Roddy Mitchell, Platinum Tours, Montpelier, VA
Operator Directors, serving three-year terms, are:
Terrms expiring in 2026:
- Andre Ferrier, A Goff Limousine and Bus, Ruckersville, VA
- Marvin Spriggs, DC Trails, Lorton, VA
- Henry Palmer, Quick’s Bus Company, Staunton, VA
Terms expiring in 2025:
- Fred Abbott, Abbott Trailways, Roanoke, VA
- Wayne Grice, Agape Travel & Tours, Chesapeake, VA
- Blake Hackett, Magic Trails, Centreville, VA
Terms expiring in 2024:
- Larry Williams, LW Transportation, Fredericksburg, VA
- Daniel Craig, Reston Limousine, Sterling, VA
- Lee Helms, Sunway Charters, Charlotte, NC
Associate Members and Presidential Nominee:
- Tim Guldin, Southeast Region Manager at TEMSA North America, acting as associate representative — OEM (1-year term — expiring 2024)
- Julie Levengood, Tuscarawas CVB, New Philadelphia, Ohio, acting as associate representative — Tourism (2-year term — expiring in 2024)
- Tim O’Bryan, Service Insurance Agency, Richmond, Virginia — serving as Presidential Nominee (1-year term — expiring 2024)
Celebrating the Centennial
Formally thanked by VMA for their service as they step down from the board are Jason Quick, Quick’s Bus Company, Staunton, Virginia; Jimmy Hall, Venture Tours, Virginia Beach, Virginia; and Patrick Laffan, Regional Sales Manager, Daimler Coaches North America.
One of the oldest motorcoach associations in the nation, VMA was founded on Oct. 27, 1923, when bus owners of the state held its first convention in Richmond with more than 100 companies from every section of Virginia present.
At the end of this year, the 200-plus-member VMA will host its biggest bash of the century at the Downtown Hilton in Richmond. On Dec. 11–13, plan to join members for a series of events that will include a 100th Anniversary Gala on Dec. 12. The three days of meetings include an exclusive Group Travel Expo and Operations & Maintenance Retreat, bookending a formal evening of dining, dancing and awards. Motorcoach operators from neighboring state associations are welcome to join in.