The Pennsylvania Bus Association (PBA) has a new slate of leaders. The nearly century-old organization announced the results of a virtual General Member Meeting held June 3 to conduct the board of director elections. With the June Annual Meeting rescheduled to October this year and terms due to expire in June, PBA came up with a creative solution to hold the elections.
Voting members were invited to attend and were sent a secret ballot via a third-party election administration company to vote during the meeting. The membership voted to accept the slate as presented by the Nominating Committee, made up of Chair Jim JeBran, of Trans-Bridge Lines; Sandy Borowsky, of Starr Tours; and Nelson Floyd, of Perkiomen Tours.
Below is a list of elected directors, some new and some who renewed for another two-year term. A full list of Directors can be found at http://pabus.org/About/Leadership.
PBA Operator Members Terms Renewed:
- David Benedict, David Thomas Trailways
- Thomas Brynan, Werner Coach
- Brian Kurtz, Elite Coach
- Dale McMichael, Executive Coach
- Matthew Mlaker, Mlaker Transportation
- Jay Newswanger, R&J Transportation
New Operator Board Members:
- Bill Scully, Freedom Excursions by Scully
- Jeffrey Mayo, Greyhound Bus
New Supplier/Associate Members:
- Dave Gerdes, Happy Valley Adventures
- Gina Edwards, Lycoming CVB
- Aram Nikitas, Motor Coach Industries (MCI)
New Officers Elected:
- Matthew Mlaker, Mlaker Transportation — Treasurer
- Bob Chepalonis, Martz Group — Secretary
Since 1923, PBA has functioned without interruption and with an unrelenting commitment to the safety of the traveling public and the economic well-being of its member companies. Governmental affairs, travel and tourism marketing, education, safety, and communication constitute the major areas of involvement for this, one of the oldest public passenger transportation associations in the United States. For more information, please visit www.pabus.org. For further inquiry, contact: Patricia Cowley, Executive Director.