The parent company of MCI, NFI Group Inc. (NFI), has raised $381,868 through its annual United Way Workplace Campaign, surpassing its goal by 13% and continuing NFI’s commitment to supporting the communities in which it operates.
To date, the global bus and motorcoach manufacturer has raised over $3.5 million for United Way agencies since 2009.
The campaign was again championed by employees across North America, with Director of Human Resources Michelle Whyard as Campaign Chair and teams participating from NFI subsidiaries New Flyer, MCI, Alexander Dennis, ARBOC, NFI Parts, Carfair Composites, and KMG, all raising funds through individual, team challenge, and virtual giving initiatives.
“Support for community is a key element of NFI’s identity and a fundamental part of how we do business at NFI,” said Janice Harper, Executive Vice President, People and Culture, NFI. “This year, after two years of canceled in-person events due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our teams across North America came together through a variety of interactive events, including the return of our annual bus pull. These events, combined with employee and company contributions, provided precious dollars that will support the United Way in its mission to create lasting change in communities.”
NFI’s 2022 campaign supported 18 United Way agencies across the U.S. and Canada, located in or nearby communities where NFI has facilities, including:
- Inland Empire United Way (Rancho Cucamonga, California)
- Metro United Way (Louisville, Kentucky)
- Renfrew County United Way (Pembroke, Ontario)
- Tri-County Area United Way (Marinette, Wisconsin)
- United Way Bay Area (San Francisco)
- United Way Fresno & Madera Counties (Fresno, California)
- United Way Greater Toronto (Toronto)
- United Way Montréal (Montréal)
- United Way of Central Minnesota (St. Cloud, Minnesota)
- United Way of Crookston (Crookston, Minnesota)
- United Way of Delaware County (Delaware, Ohio)
- United Way of East Central Alabama (Anniston, Alabama)
- United Way of Grand Forks, East Grand Forks & Area (Pembina, North Dakota)
- United Way of Kentucky (Louisville, Kentucky)
- United Way of Metropolitan Chicago (Chicago)
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas (Dallas)
- United Way of Southern Chautauqua County (Jamestown, New York)
- United Way Winnipeg (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
NFI supports a number of charitable organizations, and each year invests volunteer hours back into communities. One initiative includes NFI’s onsite Garden of Giving, which this year harvested over 550 pounds—up from 300 pounds in 2020—of fresh produce for Siloam Mission, a local nonprofit helping those experiencing homelessness to transition to new opportunities.