Flix North America Inc. the Dallas-based entity overseeing operations for Greyhound and FlixBus across North America, is integrating both brands’ booking platforms to create a shared intercity bus network.
Customers now can more easily search, book and travel with Greyhound and FlixBus to nearly 2,300 destinations across North America by using either brand’s website or app.
Munich-based Flix SE acquired Greyhound Lines Inc. in 2021. Flix already had been present in the North American market since 2018 with its FlixBus brand, and the purchase of Greyhound brought together two leaders of the travel industry.
“This is an exciting time for intercity bus travel,” said Kai Boysan, the CEO guiding FlixBus and Greyhound in North America. “By leveraging synergies from Greyhound’s experience in connecting communities nationwide for over a century and FlixBus’ innovative technology, we are able to provide millions of travelers access to more affordable, convenient, and an overall better travel experience.”
More new features
In addition to a shared booking platform, the transportation companies are rolling out the following features:
- One booking, one ticket: Whether the trip is point-to-point or has multiple stops and bus changes, customers have just one ticket for the entire journey.
- Reserved seating: During the booking process, customers can reserve seats for a small fee.
- New payment methods: ApplePay is available now, and GooglePay is planned for early spring.
- First bag travels free: One carry-on bag and one piece of luggage are included in the standard ticket price, and passengers can add additional luggage for a small fee.
- Manage my booking: Customers can manage all their bookings through either brand’s website and app, including rescheduling or canceling trips, updating passenger information and reserving a seat.
- Carbon offset credits: Passengers can offset their carbon emissions with each trip through FlixBus’ partnership with atmosfair for 1-3% of their ticket price.
- Free Wi-Fi/onboard entertainment: As always, passengers can enjoy free Wi-Fi, power outlets and onboard entertainment.
Flix North America, parent company of FlixBus Inc. and Greyhound Lines Inc., provides the largest intercity bus transportation and booking platform for North America. A subsidiary of Germany-based mobility company Flix SE, Flix North America. provides services in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, with almost 2,300 destinations across its network.
Flix North America launched to oversee FlixBus and Greyhound