GREENBELT, Md. — The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance is accepting applications for its annual International Driver Excellence Award (IDEA), which recognizes the extraordinary careers of professional commercial motor vehicle drivers.
The award acknowledges individuals who go above and beyond the performance of their duties as a professional truck or bus driver, distinguishing themselves through the achievement of safe operation and compliance for an extended period of time.
The 2018 IDEA winner will receive:
- A check for $2,500
- A crystal trophy
- Airfare for the winner and one guest to Portland, Oregon, to receive his/her award on April 9, 2018, during the general session of the CVSA Workshop
- Two-night hotel stay at the Hilton Portland Downtown
Nominees must have:
- At least 25 cumulative years of crash-free driving in a commercial motor vehicle with a clean driving record for the past three years
- No felony convictions
- No safety-related driving suspensions in the past three years
- No driver violations in the past three years, excluding form and manner violations
CVSA is accepting nominations through Jan. 12, 2018. Nomination forms can be downloaded at: http://cvsa.org/program/programs/idea/idea-nomination-form/